Wheat kernels (aka wheat "berries") can be sprouted to add to salads, baked goods and a wide variety of other dishes. When a wheat kernel sprouts, its nutrient level increases. Wheat kernels can keep up to one year in a cool dark breathable container.
- Place 1.2 cup wheat kernels in a 1 qt. glass jar
- Add 2 cups cool water and shake
- Soak 12 hours
- Drain. Rinse thoroughly in cool water. Drain again until just damp.
- Place jar on its side out of direct sunlight with kernels spread out inside it. Cap should be loose or use cheesecloth to secure top.
- fter 12 hours, rinse and drain a 2nd time
- After 12 hours, rinse and drain a 3rd and last time
- After 12 more hours, sprouts are ready to use. Pat dry and store in covered container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days maximum. Add to salads, sandwiches, stir-fry, bread. Use your imagination.