- 1 cup each of white sugar and brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of shortening (butter, oil, crisco) I prefer 1/2 cup each butter and olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla or other flavoring
- 2 Tbsp molasses
dd to creamed ingredients and mix well:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 -2 tsp spices such as cinnamon, ginger, allspice
Add extras, depending on your taste or availability about 1-1/2 cups total:
- ried fruit: raisins, cranberries, pineapple
- Chopped nuts: almonds, pecans...
- Sweet goodies: chocolate chips, M&M's
ress mixture into lightly greased baking pan so that it is 3/4" thick. Bake at 330 degrees for 15 minutes in an 8x8 pan or 25 minutes for a 9x12 pan. Watch and take out when lightly browned. Cut after cooling.